Controls Engineer to work in a customer-oriented team environment, focusing on delivering high quality custom solutions to exceed customer expectations. As a machine builder and integration house, Bluegrass Tool and Industrial has exposure in nearly every industry. As a family-owned company, BTI takes pride in our dedication to one another and our customers while promoting a balanced work culture.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work within fast paced cross functional teams to conceptualize, develop and deploy solutions within general industry and automotive settings.
- Candidate must be detail-oriented, self-motivated, and organized.
- Strong communicator to report project status in weekly team setting and individually upon request. Create and maintain project timelines through PM Software.
- Support team with process/ scope reviews to produce budgetary solutions and requirements.
- Capable of producing electrical drawings using AutoCAD Electrical for panel layouts and wiring schematics.
- Capable of program development of PLCs, HMIs and other automation components.
- Capable of hands-on execution of each project segment: Panel Fabrication and Wiring, Programming, Integration and Commissioning.
- Capable of troubleshooting and modification of existing automation equipment.
- May supervise one or more team members throughout project process.
- Willing and Able to travel and work from customer locations as needed. (10%-20%)
Mechanical: Must be able to assemble control panels and assist with the assembly and installation of equipment.
Electrical: Must be able to physically wire and label control circuits. Install, test and debug high and low voltage control components. High level of confidence with PLC programming, HMI development – capable of developing from scratch as well as modifying existing. Experience with multi-system languages is preferred. High level of confidence with all forms of motion control including but not limited to Pneumatic, Hydraulic and Electrical (servo) motion.
- Positive attitude, team player, ability to collaborate with others as well as work independently.
- Ability to create, modify and produce Electrical Design, Panel Layouts, BOMS and spare parts lists.
- Ability to create, modify and produce Pneumatic/Hydraulic schematics is a plus.
- Working knowledge of mechanical design and principles to which implement controls processes.
- PLC, HMI programming. Multi-lingual is preferred.
- Hands-On mechanical/electrical ability
- Proficient Communication Skills
- Problem Solving/Analysis, Resourceful, Professional, and Self-Initiative
- Preferred to Have:
- Vision System
- Machine Safety Systems
- Manufacturing principles
- Poka-Yoke process controls
Education and/or Experience:
Controls Engineer I & II
3+ year direct controls experience
1-3 years in manufacturing or automotive setting
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year
Optional: Hourly + OT / Salary + OT
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.